• Make a master list of all household items and your belongings.
• Number boxes when they are packed and sealed.
• Clearly indicate on the box its room destination.
• Write on the master list the contents of the numbered boxes.
• Get more boxes than you think you will need.
• Get smaller boxes for books. Use bigger boxes for lighter items.
• Pack room-by-room, keeping similar items together. Reinforce the bottom of boxes with at least one strip of packing tape.
• Pack boxes firmly to prevent the contents from shifting during your move.
• We offer the FREE use of Wardrobe cartons for your hanging clothes.
•Dishpack cartons have very strong walls and can hold a place setting of 8 plus serving pieces and stemware.
•1.5 (book) cartons are for books, canned goods, gold bricks, heavy items.
•3.0 (medium) cartons are for shoes, purses, plasticware, lamp shades, bulky
not too large items.
•4.5 (large) cartons are for larger bulky items like board games, children’s toys, garage items.
•6.0 (extra large) carton is for really
large items like pillows, some lamp shades, bedding.
• If you want to do some or all of your own packing into boxes be sure to mark on the side of your boxes the room it goes into and a brief description of the contents. Always be sure your boxes are full to the top and don’t make noise. All breakables should be wrapped in paper or suitable materials.
• Dressers can be full with soft fabric items IE: sweaters, PJ’s, socks etc. Nothing spillable breakable, or items to heavy that may hurt your furniture.
• Hutches and Amour top cavities can hold large pillows and comforters. All Drawers can hold smaller soft fabric items.
• Be mindful of the weight VS the container.
• We use many different cartons.
• We also like to have pictures and mirrors in proper cartons.
• Use crumpled paper for padding. Seal boxes tightly with wide packing tape.
• Pack records and CD's vertically in boxes. Don't stack them flat.
• Place heavier items in the bottom of the box and lighter items on top.
• Separate items with paper to prevent scratches caused by rubbing.
• Remove lids from jars and ceramics. Wrap each separately.
• Seal any opened boxes and bottles before packing them to avoid spills and leakage.
• Use towels, linens, curtains, etc. to pad boxes of fragile items.
• Clearly mark these boxes "FRAGILE."
• Use a jumbo box for lampshades and cushion them well.
• When disassembling furniture, beds, lamps, etc. put the hardware into a plastic bag along with any assembly tips and tape it onto the item itself.
• Leave clothes in dresser drawers.
• Find out from your movers how they want hanging clothes packed.
• Pack rugs last so they can be the first items unloaded and placed at your new location.
Fully Insured • Serving California Since 1984
GERDL ENTERPRISES INC. • DOT 1402897 • MC 532285 • PUC T-148235