Contact Us Today
for a Free Estimate!
Helpful Moving Tips
• Children can help with their room by decorating a moving box with stickers and markers; then they can put into their box their own special items. Now they can watch their box move to their new room!
• If your move is a great distance away take roller blades or skate board for children to use at rest stops. This uses some of that energy!
• Small children enjoy a small box sealed up containing unusual items. Cut a hole in the side of the box large enough for their hand to fit and let them try to figure out the items.
Helpful Moving Tips!
• Make an inventory of your household goods.
• Take Video or Photographs of your items before you start
• Obtain and fill out post office change of address cards.
• Contact all utilities for service disconnection
• Arrange for special transportation of pets and plants
• Make any travel plans necessary for your move
• Safely dispose or give away all flammable items.
• Transfer your back accounts.
• Settle any bills with local business.
• Drain power equipment of oil and gas.
• Defrost refrigerator and freezer, propping doors open.
• Arrange for carpet and drapery cleaning
• Disconnect prepare major appliances for moving.
• Get packing supplies: boxes, packing paper, tape,
• Start packing items you don't use often
(SEE PACKING TIPS)
• Clean out all closets and drawers
• Let movers pack your belongings (unless it's a do it yourself move).
• Set aside anything that will travel in your car so that it will not be loaded in the truck.
• Pack a box of items that will be needed first at the new house.
• Confirm arrival time of your moving van.
• Have your driveway clean and clear of vehicles, toys or other debris.
• All walkways or halls should be clear to be able to move boxes or furniture out to the truck.
• Be on hand at delivery and have a plan for placement of your boxes and furniture.
• Drain all gasoline-powered equipment.
• To protect clocks, secure or remove pendulums, chimes and weights.
• Keep all currency with you.
• To protect electronic equipment, pack items in the original boxes in which they were purchased.
• Obtain a written appraisal of antique items to verify their value.
• Dispose of all flammables such as cleaning fluids, aerosol cans, fireworks and matches.
• Empty the water from your steam iron.
Things to think about
as you prepare for your move!
Get Your Kids Involved!
Fully Insured • Serving California Since 1984
GERDL ENTERPRISES INC. • DOT 1402897 • MC 532285 • PUC T-148235
19510 Banducci Road
Tehachapi, California 93561